Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oktober Fest, and other things

                  My goodness so much has happened since I last blogged! I'll try and show you as much as my patience dictates. First Cheese and Bacon Quiche.

                     I made this beauty out of my new cookbook Comfort Food. I didn't exactly follow the recipe (more cheese less onions) But I think it turned out quite delicious. Not sure if you can tell cause it's such bad quality but trying to be fancy I, put little leaves on the crust.
                      These were my very sad slightly failed blueberry pancakes. They tasted alright but looked green. I call them pancakes from outer space (don't use frozen berries). Everyone was very nice and they really did taste good but you should have seen what they were surposed to look like!
                       Ryan and Fanny made these in their cooking class. Cheese, blueberry, raspberry, and lemon danishes. They tasted like heaven will! We heated them up just a bit and then they just melted in your mouth like buttery/buttermilk goodness. Everything you see in them was made from scratch too.


                    And now for the best part. On Saturday Carolyn and I went on a Oktoberfest picnic! We took spekulatius, (little ginger bread cookies) strudel, schnitzel, and pumpkin cider. We sat on a small stage in a park and watched the sun go down while attempting to read out loud in German. It was wonderful and turns out we were doing the picnic on the original Oktoberfest day! Did you do something for it? Also if you want to see our Chez Elle day check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment