Friday, May 3, 2013

Bread Pudding!



             So, as far as I can tell I have never Blogged about bread pudding! Which is almost a crime. We here at the Kovar Casa love bread pudding. It's wonderful to go on a trip, put your bread in the freezer and when you come back you still have the ingredients. That's right, doesn't matter how freezer burnt it is it still tastes delicious in Bread Pudding. Now, since I've grown up with this recipe I may not be an objective party but as far as I'm concerned this is the best bread pudding ever! And if you believe me and would like to give it a try here's a recipe.
 
 
 
Bread Pudding
2 1/2 C. scalding Milk
One large bowl of Bread crumbs
3 Eggs
1/4 C. Butter melted
3/4 C. Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon or Nutmeg
3/4 C. Raisins
 
                       Preheat oven to 350. Then pour warm Milk and Melted Butter in the large bowl full of Bread Crumbs. Let cool, while waiting scramble eggs in a small bowl and put in the Mixture. After doing so put the Cinnamon, Raisins, and Sugar over all of it and mix it all up. At this point it may look a little grotesque but I promise after you bake it, it will taste amazing. Speaking of baking you will want to get out a bowl or something and grease it. I used a 2 1/2 quart ramekin type bowl with a lid, that would be ideal. You bake it for about an hour or until it sets up. ( depending on your oven)
                     Well I hope you will enjoy your delicious Bread Pudding, I certainly did. Adios until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment